This product is for customers who would like to build DIY box or would like to change with existing box. Please note that mechanism need to be mounted on the box. The mechanism itself sound very low. Please read the instruction below if you would like to build DIY box.
1 x Sankyo 18-notes mechanism
3 x 3M screws
1 x Wind-up key
How to make a DIY box
This is the necessary dimension for making DIY Box.
This is the box for a music box mechanism.
You need to make 3 holes on the base part as shown on the picture. 2 holes for screws and another holes for the wind-up key.
On the bottom of the box, it requires a space for a wind-up key. The key will rotate continously while the music play. The height of the space must not less than 8 mm.
The on-off mechanism is not bulit in mechanism. You need to make it yourself if you want it. There are two types of the mechanism. The priciple is to make the galvanor part stop spining.
On-off feature : When the box is closed, the music will stop when opening the music box will play. It is different from other boxes where music will play indefinitely until the wind up mechanism runs out of energy, whether closing or opening the box. The dome boxes also have this feature but it will be on-off switch instead of open-close box mechanism.
- Stick stopper : Built in Jewerly box, Dome box and piano box.
- Lid stopper : Built in Wooden box 2, Ring box and Heart box 2.
What is the Custom tune music box?
- Custom tune music box is the music box which produced with specific tune. And it will be only one piece in the world.
- This is the only one place in the world where you can make the custom tune music box with a mechanical movement* in an affordable price. (*a physical mechanism, not digital circuit)
- The interval of the song to make a music box can be 14 – 24 seconds in length. This interval will be one loop on a music box.
- You can pay a deposit first, and pay the rest after receiving demo. Here
- The whole process takes 7-14 days*, not included shipping. Check delivery time here
- See example of the custom tune music box here
- You can check your order status anytime here
- You can check your song before ordering here
- See order instruction here
How do I know my song is suitable for making a music box?
4 Checklists to make music fit to the music box
- This song has clear and simple melodies.
- The interval selected is the chorus part of the song (Vocal part)
- The interval selected is not exceed 24 seconds in length.
- The interval selected does not contain too many repeated notes. This is an example of too many repeated notes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpqqjU7u5Yc at 0:58-1:13.